Monday, December 10, 2007

One small step, eh...

So I've decided to start this blog.

Of course, I have no idea who'll even read this, but what the hell. Times, they are a-changing. Come writers and critics. Etcetera.

I'm Chris.

First, i need to mention that I'm graduating this Friday, and I'm fucking stoked. Be stoked with me. I've been studying Journalism (for those curious) at Sheridan Institute, and I am way too anxious to wrap this up. I need to get the hell out of here. I've been in Canada all my life, never once stepping foot onto any foreign soil.

I need a break, I need a change, I just need some different air to breathe.

Of course, where I'd like to go has some issues with where I can afford to go.
And I've got a girlfriend. (don't kill me Sam ;D). I've got one hell of an itch though.

A friend recently turned me on to Kerouac. What the hell. The dude writes like my puppy pisses (all over the place). Corny, whatever. It's true. He's got the right idea, though. Whatever I think of his writing style, he's completely convinced me that I need to get out of here, and soon. Yeah, I'm about to graduate, and should probably follow the script and get a job, but what the fuck, I'm only 23, I have the rest of my life to be boring.

Hell, I haven't even toured with any of the bands I've been in. I've got friends in bands who are doing all right (some more than others), but every one of them have managed to make it at least to some other place in Canada. Some to the States as well. I thought i was gonna be close with my last band, but the drummer moved to go to school in Minnesota. Dick.

That's his name, actually :)

Anyway, right now, I'm just focused on graduating. More precisely, I'm focused on what I'll be drinking after graduating.

Later.

No comments: